Last night marked the end of six fabulously fashionable seasons of Gossip Girl. I'm sad to see it go, but glad at the same time because the plot seemed to be running in circles. Nonetheless, the series finale tied everything together with some romance, a huge reveal, and fun cameos (one from none other than the voice of Gossip Girl: Kristen Bell). So with that, here are the 5 things I loved and hated about the series finale.
If you're a Gossip Girl lover and have yet to watch the finale (do it!), then don't read on unless you want to be spoiled.
What I loved:
- That Chuck and Blair FINALLY got to be together and have their wedding, although not as extravagant as I always imagined, it was perfect.
- Blair's Elie Saab dress. No words. Elie Saab is a mastermind when it comes to his designs and this dress was perfect on B.
- That I totally received closure from this finale. I have nothing else to question or wonder about what might happen because, somehow, everything fell perfectly into place.
- Rachel Bilson and Kristen Stewart's cameo of them rehearsing lines for the movie version of Dan's book. Loved this.
- The ending where everyone and everything is in place: Nate running for mayor, Chair with the cutest son named Henry, and Georgina and Uncle Jack are together (this is odd, but they're perfect for each other - such a scheming duo).
What I hated:
- Dan and Serena getting married. Am I the only one who believes S really should have been with Nate the whole time?! I always wanted them to get back together.
- Nothing else!
What I'm undecided about:
- Dan is Gossip Girl. Let's just let that sink in for 5 seconds. I have no idea how I feel about this, especially since I really wanted GG to be Dorota or Eric, but that's okay.
And my favorite quote from the night:
The good thing is we can do the same thing we did last time Bart died." - You go Lily.
And so that ends six seasons of the hit TV show Gossip Girl, where we fell in love with the characters, the city, and all the drama that came with it.
XOXO, Gossip Girl.
What did you think of Gossip Girl's reveal? Did you love or hate the series finale? Tell me in the comments below!