Homemade cookies are always a treat - the aroma wafting from the oven as buttery cookies cook never fail to brighten and warm a home, especially during the holiday season. So here's a delicious raspberry thumbprint cookie recipe to try.
What you'll need:
- 1 cup butter (softened to room temperature)
- 2 cups and 2 Tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups sugar
- Raspberry jam (or any flavor jam you prefer)
- Using a mixer, soften the butter in a bowl until creamy.
- Add the sugar and vanilla to the softened butter. Combine well.
- Pour the flour into the mix. Combine until a soft dough is formed.
- Press the dough down to compact it and cover it with plastic wrap. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for about 3 hours (or, chill in refrigerator for 1.5 - 2 hrs then chill in freezer for 15 min).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and begin rolling the dough into 1-inch balls. Place on a greased baking sheet. (Note: if the balls feel sticky and/or soft after rolling, place the dough back into the fridge for about 15 min or until the dough is firm).
- Make an indent with your thumb into each ball. If the dough ball cracks on the side, feel free to smooth it out with your fingers.
- Fill each indent in each ball with jam of your choice.
- Bake the shortbread cookies until the edges are slightly golden, around 14-15 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for about 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Happy baking and happy new year!