This Thursday brings in a frenzy of fashion.
On Thursday, New York Fashion Week kicks off its first round of shows. For those of us who aren't lucky enough to attend the runway shows, we are so grateful for social media and the opportunity it brings us to stay in-the-know from the home.
To make sure you know everything that's going on during NYFW and behind-the-scenes, here's your guide for the top 7 people to follow on Twitter and Instagram.
Watch the live stream from Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
YouTube has also, once again, partnered with MBFW and will live stream more than 25 shows at youtube.com/liverunway.
The top 7 people to follow on Instagram for endless double-tapping:
- @evachen212: Eva Chen is Lucky Magazine's editor-in-chief. But she's also an instagrammer-extraordinaire who is always snapping great photos of fashion, her killer shoes, her insane amount of beauty products, and delicious food. She never disappoints for NYFW and is a must-follow.
- @eholmeswsj: Elizabeth Holmes writes for the Wall Street Journal and takes stunning scenic shots. As the style reporter, she knows great fashion and trends when she sees them.
- @annstreetstudio: Fashion photographer Jamie Beck is behind this Instagram account and you won't regret following her. Her photos are incredibly beautiful and artistic. She provides a different look at NYFW, one that's more refined but so amazing.
- @bergdorfs: Bergdorf Goodman's social media guru doesn't disappoint on this account. You'll see beautiful shots of the runway, behind-the-scenes, and details.
- @rebeccaminkoff: Personally, I can't get enough of Rebecca Minkoff. I love the brand, her collections, and her Instagram. Follow for an inside look into the growing brand. (P.S. You can also add Rebecca Minkoff on Snapchat (search rebeccaminkoff) and they'll reveal spring 2014 looks on Friday, before they hit the runway!)
- @manrepeller: Get a blogger's perspective on NYFW from Leandra Medine of The Man Repeller. You'll appreciate her sense of humor and fabulous photos.
- @intothegloss: For beauty, who better to follow than the ladies from beauty website Into The Gloss?
The 7 best people to follow on Twitter, so you can retweet and favorite all your favorite tweets from NYFW:
- Eva Chen: She's all over Instagram, but she's also a serious tweeter. If you're not following her already, go.
- OscarPRGirl: She's Oscar de la Renta's PR girl and tweets all things Oscar. Follow her for her comments and for an inside look into the prestigious fashion house and its serious fashion.
- Women'sWearDaily: For the last NYFW news and commentary, you'll find it at Women's Wear Daily.
- MBFashionWeek: Obviously, you should follow the official Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Twitter account for the latest and greatest.
- BryanBoy: For the realest and some of the funniest tweets, follow this fashion blogger.
- DKNY PR GIRL: Aliza Licht is priceless. She's DKNY's PR girl (obviously) and tweet commentary and give you a peek into the brand.
- Karlie Kloss: Get the latest from the runway from this supermodel.
You can also follow the hashtags #NYFW and #MBFW for everything NYFW.