Looking for an easy breakfast or a simple snack to get you through the day?
Try avocado toast! (Yes, I've hopped onto the avocado toast trend and it's totally okay). Not only does this quick meal take 5 minutes or less to make, but it's also healthy and delicious.
Keep scrolling for an easy avocado toast recipe...
What You'll Need:
- A really good and thick slice of bread. It's all in the bread for avocado toast. Choose a thick piece of toast (a nutty whole grain is preferred, but a simple sourdough works great, too!) as the foundation.
- Ripe avocados. The amount of avocados you use depend on how much avocado you want on your toast. I used half an avocado for one slice of sourdough for a semi-thin layer.
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- A shake of red crushed pepper
- Toast your bread! You can either choose to toast your bread first, then drizzle a little olive oil over it, or toast your bread in the toaster oven with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Mash your avocado(s) in a small bowl with 2-3 drops of lemon juice (for half an avocado) and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- After your bread is toasted, spread your avocado mixture on top.
- Shake a little red crushed pepper (again, to your liking) to finish it off.
Do you have any favorite avocado toast recipes? What do you like to add to it? Share with me in the comments!
Need some more food inspiration? Follow chicisms on Pinterest for good eats: